Healthcare Policy for Health Professionals
Execution of this Quality Enhancement Plan, Healthcare Policy for Health Professionals (HP2), is under the leadership of co-directors Sandy McKay, MD, FAAP, and Angela Gomez, EdD, MBA, MS, who also serves as the assessment director of HP2. The leadership team also includes faculty of the Campus-Wide Humanities & Ethics Program representing UTHealth’s six schools:
Cizik School of Nursing: Francine Snow, DrPH, MSN, RN-BC;
McGovern Medical School: Sandra McKay, MD;
McWilliams School of Biomedical Informatics: Susan Fenton, PhD, RHIA, FAHIMA;
MD Anderson-UTHealth Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences: Shane Cunha, PhD;
School of Dentistry: Deborah Franklin, DDS, MA; and the
School of Public Health: Stephen Linder, PhD.
Broadly, HP2 will:
- Provide the CWHEP faculty and others engaged in this topic with the necessary tools and training to successfully implement this QEP;
- Identify, develop, and obtain the appropriate assessment tools necessary for evaluating our existing curricula and measuring and assessing the learning outcomes for our proposed planned activities;
- Strengthen our current health policy curricula as well as our assessment of existing courses;
- Ensure that all students have a fundamental understanding of how policy is made at the local, state, and federal levels;
- Provide students will an opportunity to design and evaluate health policies;
- Plan and assess school-specific Health Policy Forums; and
- Expand and assess our advocacy curriculum.
For information about HP2, please contact Sandy McKay and Angela Gomez.
Learn more about the QEP (UTHealth login required)