Healthcare Policy for Health Professionals
Execution of this plan is under the leadership of QEP director, Rebecca Lunstroth, JD, MA, alongside associate director, Stephen Linder, PhD. Serving as assessment director is the McGovern Center’s Angela Polczynski, MBA. The leadership team also includes faculty of the Campus-Wide Humanities & Ethics Program representing UTHealth’s six schools:
Cizik School of Nursing: Francine Snow, DrPH, MSN, RN-BC;
McGovern Medical School: Sandra McKay, MD;
MD Anderson-UTHealth Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences: Shane Cunha, PhD;
School of Biomedical Informatics: Susan Fenton, PhD, RHIA, FAHIMA;
School of Dentistry: Deborah Franklin, DDS, MA; and the
School of Public Health: Stephen Linder, PhD.
Broadly, HP2 will:
- Provide the CWHEP faculty and others engaged in this topic with the necessary tools and training to successfully implement this QEP;
- Identify, develop, and obtain the appropriate assessment tools necessary for evaluating our existing curricula and measuring and assessing the learning outcomes for our proposed planned activities;
- Strengthen our current health policy curricula as well as our assessment of existing courses;
- Ensure that all students have a fundamental understanding of how policy is made at the local, state, and federal levels;
- Provide students will an opportunity to design and evaluate health policies;
- Plan and assess school-specific Health Policy Forums; and
- Expand and assess our advocacy curriculum.
For information about HP2, please contact Rebecca Lunstroth, JD, MA.
Learn more about the QEP (UTHealth login required)