NYC Softball Tournament
Each year, we participate in the Annual Charity Neurosurgery Residency Conference in New York City. While we aren’t always the champions, we have a great time interacting with other neurosurgery residency programs from across the country. And all for a great cause!
Other Social Events:
- Holiday Party
- Resident End-of-Year Party
- Post-ABNS Exam Party
- Random fun activities as thought up by the residents
Throughout the year, we participate in numerous events to expand our volunteer efforts. For example, two of our residents accompany our Pediatric Neurosurgery group to Haiti each spring to operate on children in need. Whether it is a local charity fun run or a trip to an underserved country to provide medical care, our residents are actively involved in changing the lives of others!
ABNS Primary Examination High Score Award
- 2013 – Yoshua Esquenazi Levy, M.D.
- 2014 – Shane Abdunnur, M.D. / Saint-Aaron Morris, M.D.
- 2015 – Sebastian Villarreal, M.D.
- 2016 – Saint-Aaron Morris, M.D.
Most Valuable Resident (“MVR”) of the Year
- 2013 – J. Edward Hsu, M.D.
- 2014 – Jessica Stark, M.D.
- 2015 – Keith Kerr, M.D.
- 2016 – J. Edward Hsu, M.D.
Faculty Teaching Excellence Award
*Recognizes outstanding contributions to resident teaching for the past year
- 2014 – Karl Schmitt, M.D.
- 2015 – Nitin Tandon, M.D.
- 2016 – Scott Shepard, M.D.