John Zaki, MD, FASE, FACC
Assistant Professor, Cardiovascular Anesthesiology
Program Director, Cardiovascular and Thoracic Fellowship
Assistant Residency Program Director, Department Of Anesthesiology
- Biology, University of Texas, Austin, TX
- Doctor of Medicine, Ross University School of Medicine
- Anesthesiology Residency Program
- Texas Tech University Health Science Center
- Chief Resident, 2013-2014
- Cardiovascular and Thoracic Fellowship Program
- McGovern Medical School at UT Health
Areas of Interest
- Resident Education
- Transesophageal Echocardiography
- Regional Anesthesiology
- Thoracic Anesthesiology
- Enhanced Recovery in Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology
- Advances in the Intraoperative Assessment of Pulmonary Artery Pressure using Trans-Esophageal Echocardiography
- Assessment of a multimodal analgesia protocol to allow the implementation of enhanced recovery after cardiac surgery: Retrospective analysis of patient outcomes. Journal of Clinical Anesthesia. JCA Volume 54C JCA 9255. 2018.
- Intraoperative Assessment of Pulmonary Artery Pressure Using Transesophageal Echocardiography in Patients Undergoing Cardiac Surgery. Proc (Baylor University Medical Center) 2018.
- Systolic anterior motion of the mitral valve after aortic valve replacement. Proc (Baylor University Medical Center). 31(2):203-204. 2018.
- Aortic Regurgitation in Acute Type A Dissection. J Cardiothoracic Vasc Anesth.; 32(2):e50-e51. 2017 Nov 8.
- Gastrointestinal Complications After Cardiac Surgery: A Nationwide Population-Based Analysis of Morbidity and Mortality Predictors. J Cardiothoracic Vasc. Anesth. (4):1268-1274. 2017.
- Incidence and Outcomes of Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia in Patients Undergoing Vascular Surgery. J Cardiothoracic Vasc Anesth. (5):1751-1757. 2017.
- Response to Xue et al. J Cardiothoracic Vasc Anesth. pii: S1053-0770(18)30138-1, 2018.
- Impact of dexmedetomidine on early extubation in pediatric cardiac surgical patients. Intensive Care Med. 2011.