Joseph Cochran, MD
- Assistant Professor, Vivian L. Smith Department of Neurosurgery
Dr. Joseph Cochran is a fellowship-trained neurosurgeon who specializes in endovascular surgery, cerebrovascular surgery, brain tumors, skull base surgery and complex and minimally invasive spine surgery.
After receiving his medical degree at Chicago Medical School, he completed his residency in neurological surgery at the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee.
He subsequently completed a two-year fellowship in cerebrovascular/skull base/endovascular surgery at the John P. and Kathrine G. McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center (UTHealth) at Houston. Dr. Cochran is the co-author of articles published in Neurosurgery, the International Journal of Radiation Oncology*Biology* Physics and Annals of Advances in Automotive Medicine.
His clinical and research interests include cerebral vasospasm, traumatic vascular injuries and cervical artificial disc replacement.
Dr. Cochran has a special interest in treating the following disorders:
- Arteriovenous malformation
- Brain tumors
- Disk disease
- Skull base tumors
- Spinal stenosis
- Spinal tumors
- Traumatic brain and spine injury
- Graduate School
- Chicago Medical School, Chicago, IL
- Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
- Cerebrovascular/ Skullbase/ Endovascular Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX