Application and Selection Process Applications are accepted ONLY through the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS).
- The only accepted training Visa is the J-1. McGovern Medical School does not support the H1-B Visa.
- Candidates must have graduated from an approved American medical or osteopathic school or hold permanent certification by the Qualification Board of the Educational Council for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
- International Medical Graduates must be ECFMG certified PRIOR to applying to our program via ERAS.
- Applications will be reviewed and evaluated on the basis of educational background, academic performance, United States Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE) scores, research experience, and letters of recommendation. Applicants will be be invited to interview based on this assessment.
- A personal interview is required to be considered for a residency position. Interviews take place between November and January for the next year’s class.
- Applicants are ranked and the rank list is sent to the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP).
The following materials are required for a completed application to the Child Neurology Residency Program:
- Application through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS)
- Three or more letters of recommendation from faculty with whom you have worked
- Official Medical School Transcript
- Passing score on USMLE Steps I
You only have to apply to the child neurology program; we are a combined program. Please apply to code 2923185co
For International Medical Graduates (IMGs), please see the University’s official policy.
For any additional questions you might have regarding our program, please email our coordinator, Brandy K. Chandler .