Ikwuagwu elected to AMA House of Delegates

By Roman Petrowski, Office of Communications

Brittany Ikwuagwu, MS4 - AMA House of Delegates
Brittany Ikwuagwu, MS4

The American Medical Association Medical Student Section has announced that Brittany Ikwuagwu, MS4, has been elected to a national leadership position as the section alternate delegate of the AMA-MSS.

Ikwuagwu began her one-year term as the Section Alternate Delegate of the AMA-MSS Governing Council June 15, 2022.

“I was elated to learn that I would be able to lead the Medical Student Section as part of the Governing Council,” Ikwuagwu said. “I’m really honored that my peers had the confidence in me to serve the section.

As section alternate delegate, Ikwuagwu represents the section’s nearly 50,000 medical student members at the national level. The MSS is a member interest group within the AMA for medical students.

Ikwuagwu will be responsible for leading the Medical Student Section through its resolution policy cycle, as well as representing the interest of medical students in the AMA’s House of Delegates, and guiding students in how their advocacy can be accomplished through AMA policy.

“This position is important, because it allows me to support the next generation of physician leaders,” Ikwuagwu said. “It is such an honor to help my fellow medical students conceptualize their ideas on how to make medicine better, and how the AMA can play a role.”

Ikwuagwu has been a member of the AMA since 2018, serving in various leadership roles, including as the Government Relations Advocacy Fellow in the 2021-22 term.