Regional Anesthesiology Fellowship
Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center is the busiest Level I trauma center in the nation, located in the largest medical center in the world, thereby allowing this regional program to emphasize all aspects of regional anesthesia. Two positions are available per year. The 12-month program will expose fellows to various types of peripheral nerve blocks, as well as placement of indwelling catheters for postoperative pain management using both nerve stimulation and ultrasound. Between three locations, current procedural caseloads average 3,000 per year. The regional anesthesia service also provides acute pain management consults for adult patients.
Fellows will have protected research time on a weekly basis, and are required to present at the American Society for Regional Anesthesia and Pain Conference in the spring. The fellows are also expected to publish at least one article in a peer-reviewed journal.
- Orthopedic Trauma Block Team
- Ambulatory Surgery Block Team
- Acute Pain Service
- Transesophageal Echo
- Transthoracic Echo
- Completion of fellowship application with photo
- Current CV
- Personal statement
- Dean’s letter
- Medical school transcript
- Three letters of recommendation
- USMLE scores
- Completion of ACGME accredited residency program in anesthesiology
- Texas State Medical License or institutional license required before starting fellowship
- ABA Board Certification if greater than three years from residency training, or ABA Board Eligibility if less than three years from residency training.
Application deadline: Rolling
Interested applicants should contact our Senior Residency/Fellowship Program Coordinator, Kristelle Grant-Deterville at 713-500-7160 or via email at Kristelle.Grant@uth.tmc.edu for more information.
|J. Blair de Haan, MD
Program Director, Regional Anesthesiology Fellowship
Assistant Professor, Department of Anesthesiology