How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in the Urology Residency Program at McGovern Medical School at UTHealth Houston, Texas. We participate in the AUA Urology Match, which the AUA oversees with the Society of Academic Urologist.
- All applicants must apply to AUA Urology Match. Please see the Match Schedule for important dates and information.
- Residency applications and required documentation must be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) by September 30, 2023.
- All applications are carefully screened by the program. Selected applicants are notified electronically, via ERAS, to interview.
Applicants must provide the following in order to be reviewed:
- Official medical school transcript
- Letter of support from your medical school Dean (MSPE)
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- Curriculum vitae
- USMLE/COMLEX Scores Reports
- Personal statement (written in away that may give your application merit)
- Valid ECFMG certificate (if applicable)
For International medical school graduate applicants (IMGs) must provide the above information. In addition, among other qualifications, the following documentation must be provided and/or obtained.
- Current Valid ECFMG certificate
- Proof of US Citizenship
- US Permanent Resident
- J-1 Visa
You are encouraged to review the following resources:
- J1 Visa Sponsorship Info (GOV WEBSITE)
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- Graduate Medical Education (GME)
- Electronic Residency Application Service for Fellowship Applicants (ERAS)
Ann Marie Thompson
Urology Residency/Fellowship Program Manager
6431 Fannin Street | MSB 6.018 | Houston, Texas 77030
713-500-7337 or firstname.lastname@example.org