Arvind Manisundaram, MD
Arvind was drawn to the plastic surgery program here in Houston for multiple reasons. The training appeared broad and diverse, encompassing the wide variety within plastic surgery. Additionally, all the faculty and fellows were extremely welcoming, and the fellows felt comfortable with their training that they could either go directly into practice or pursue any further fellowship of their choosing.
Undergrad – Rice University
Med school – UT Southwestern
General Surgery Residency – University at Buffalo
- University at Buffalo Department of Surgery Best Overall Resident Award – 2021
- Worthington B Schenk Resident Teacher of the Year Award – 2021
- Gold Foundation Humanism and Excellence in Teaching Award – 2020
- Siegel Medical Student Teaching Award Honorable Mention – 2020
- ACS National Surgical Jeopardy Competition 3rd Place – 2019
- Boyko T, Fontenot A, Manisundaram A, Burke M. Current practices in perioperative free flap anticoagulation and post-operative monitoring of microsurgeons in USA. Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery: JPRAS. 2019 Dec;72(12):2064-2094.
- Faust JE, Manisundaram A, Ivanova PT, Milne SB, Summerville JB, Brown HA, Wangler M, Stern M, McNew JA(2014). Peroxisomes are required for lipid metabolism and muscle function in Drosophila melanogaster. PLoS One 9, e100213.
PRS Interests: breast reconstruction, microsurgery, hand surgery, surgical education.
In his spare time, Arvind enjoys trying new foods in Houston, working out, and traveling.