The mission of our program is to groom future Pediatric Anesthesiologists to provide safe perioperative clinical care to a variety of complex pediatric patients, in a supportive diverse and inclusive involvement.
Our Pediatric Anesthesiology Fellowship program aims to provide with:
- Opportunities to advance medical knowledge, clinical and interpersonal skills, practice-based learning while offering a wide variety of cases in a healthy learning environment.
- Practice evidence-based medicine.
- A consistent learning environment by utilizing resources such as mock oral board preparation, mock Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCEs), Ultimate Board Preparation (UBP) course, and rotation-based exam modules to successfully complete Anesthesia Board Exams, OSCEs and Pediatric Anesthesia board exam.
- A robust curriculum based on lectures, problem-based learning, workshops, simulation, journal clubs, case conference, and grand rounds.
- Dedicated monthly research lectures by leading researchers within the department and outside.
- Management skills by offering a “Pre-tending Role” rotation towards the end of fellowship to enrich trainee’s professional development in future care team leadership role in the perioperative setting.
- Opportunities in various research and quality improvement projects.
- Hire graduates as pediatric anesthesia faculty at UT Houston to help improve overall infrastructure of the department as well as, retention and recruitment of innovative faculty.